Anlaby Road

From The Teddington Society Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

This page is part of the Directory of Buildings of Townscape Merit (BTMs) and Listed Buildings in Teddington assembled by the Planning and History Groups of The Teddington Society. You can view Anlaby Road on Google Maps.

Anlaby Road, called Albany Road on the OS map of 1863 was laid out about this time but only two houses were situated in the road for the next 20 years. These were Ellington House and Lansdowne House which were opposite each other about half way between Hampton Road, Teddington and Connaught Road (or Coburg Road as it was called in 1893). The houses adjoined the gardens of the houses in Hampton Road. By 1893 four more houses were on the east side of the road, south of Connaught Road and 3 pairs of semi-detached houses were on the west side between Connaught Road and Windsor Road, Windsor Road and Royal Road, and between Royal Road and Princes Road.

Note: according to the historical information above, all these houses were built after 1883 and before 1893, probably all in the same development.

The properties in this road designated by the Council on their website as Buildings of Townscape Merit are: