Teddington Park

From The Teddington Society Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

This page is part of the Directory of Buildings of Townscape Merit (BTMs) and Listed Buildings in Teddington assembled by the Planning and History Groups of The Teddington Society. You can view Teddington Park on Google Maps.

This residential road runs from Waldegrave Road to Cambridge Road with a mixture of styles and periods. At the time the road was developed in the 1860s, it was called Blenheim Road. The name was changed in 1907 [date not checked]. Writer of description of nos. 1-15 believes the change was because of its Germanic asssociation, but that seems odd for that date. Blenheim had been a famous victory for the Duke of Marlborough in 1704.

From the Borough's collection there is a plan and sale catalogue for the Teddington Park Estate adjoining the Strawberry Hill Estate, 1865? [needs checking] and a further one showing building & lots in (then) Blenheim & Marlborough Road [not there now] & Teddington Park Road, dated 1877.

The properties in this road designated by the Council on their website as Buildings of Townscape Merit are: