The WW1 War Memorial of St Alban's Church
The picture on the left is of the altar at the former St Alban's Church, Teddington, after being rebuilt in 1919
to incorporate a War Memorial commemorating the names of men who were parishioners or near relatives
and who died while serving in World War 1.
The Altar-Memorial bore on it the names of sixty men, engraved in stone. After the Church became redundant
in 1977, and after later severe vandalism of the whole building, all that remained of the Altar and War Memorial
were the engraved names of eight of the men.
This page is part of the Online WW1 War Memorial for Teddington developed by the History Group of The Teddington Society. Click on any photo for a higher resolution version. Please send any corrections or additional information by email to David Neller at DaveNeller@aol.com. Copyright for the material on this page rests with the contributor. Click to return to the Home page for the Online WW1 War Memorial for Teddington.